Well I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on the tunes of Summer 1999, and there's no doubt you're dying to see mine. This list is self-explanatory and totally awesome. Sure, the early '90s were much, much better, but '99 was pretty timeless. Let's not waste any time:
10.Broadway - Goo Goo Dolls
- Probably my favorite of their songs from this time period.
9. If You Had My Love - Jennifer Lopez
- J-Lo! A classic, obviously.
8. Jumper - Third Eye Blind
- I remember seeing a picture of these guys smoking cigarettes and thinking they must be cool.
7. All the Small Things - Blink 182
- My parents wouldn't buy me Enema of the State. Why?
6. All Star - Smash Mouth
- Oh man! What a way to follow up Walking on the Sun! These guys are still going strong. Right?
5. Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) - The Offspring
- Written about me. And I am.
4. ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
- Probably one of the greatest songs of all-time.
3. Every Morning - Sugar Ray
- Let's be honest. We could have filled this list with half Sugar Ray songs. This one just stands out.
2. Tie: Livin' la Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
- I'm not sure if it's that Latin beat, or the fact that I've been Livin' la Vida Loca myself these past several years. But MMOC needs to cover this Ricky Martin triumph immediately.
Genie In a Bottle - Christina Aguilera
- Woah, this one was a bit much for 12-year old me on my rollerblades.
1. Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas
- When two titans team up, this is the result. Thank you, Lord. Twentieth anniversary remake anyone?
I could be off on a few of these. It doesn't matter. I really dislike just about all of them. Thanks for reading. Be on the lookout for a new MMOC music video next week (thanks to our buddy Ryan Grandy), and keep up with our busy summer schedule on our Events tab!
MMOC frontman Tyler Calkins does his usual ranting